Things I liked about 80's/90's computing:
- Total control over my hardware
- Software that worked with me, not against me
- Superior aesthetics (yeah I said it :3 )
- Overall sense of promise and freedom
Things I like about computing today:
- Easy and open access to knowledge
- Insane amounts of storage
- The sheer computing POWERRRR
Now if only we could make these attributes come together instead of being period exclusive.
@polychrome i'm sad that good ideas make me sad because my brain has been programmed by my experiences to believe good ideas don't happen. Just shitty mitigations to disasters.
@Shitlord I've been there often
Church of the SubGenius Members-Only MastoDobbs.